Bible study, discipleship training and especially mission education bring about an awareness of the lostness of the world. Through weekly mission education for children and youth, monthly meetings for adult men and women, surveys, people search events, and special studies, Christians acquire an awareness of the need of the people around them and around the world.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR CHILDREN
• Mission Friends Curriculum (WMU) – Weekly teaching guide for preschool teachers as they involve the children in activities that help to establish the basics of missions awareness.
• Children in Action Curriculum (WMU) – Mission stories, scripture memorization and activities to use in weekly sessions with boys and girls. Grades 1-6.
• Girls in Action (WMU) – Material useful in weekly sessions to focus on scripture understanding, Southern Baptist missions awareness and ministry involvement. For girls in grades 1-6.
• Royal Ambassadors (WMU) – Material that is Bible-centered, church-based, focusing on Southern Baptist missions education and missions involvement for boys in grades 1-6. Weekly.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUTH
• Youth On Missions (WMU) – Annual plan books offering flexible and comprehensive plans to help students develop an outward focus and serve God with passion.
• Acteens (WMU) – For Christian girls who want to change their world through missions. Weekly meeting suggestions with articles relative to teenage girls, a prayer calendar and creative ideas for mission projects.
• Challengers (NAMB) – Is the youth missions education organization for young men in grades 7 – 12. Challengers support each other to fulfill their personal commitments to live out and share the Gospel. The material gives them a wide range of ministry and missions experiences and opportunity to develop their leadership skills.
• Adults on Mission (WMU) – The missions organization of WMU for both men and women over the age of 18. Monthly updates to this site include the latest news on missionaries, missions work and new projects among unreached peoples. Also provided are studies, inspirational and instructional information, plus other resources and suggestions.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADULTS
• Women on Mission (WMU) – Missions organization for women (ages 18 and up) through which women pray for and give to missions, do missions, learn about missions, grow spiritually toward a missions lifestyle, and participate in the work of the church and the denomination.
• Women’s Ministry (Alabama WMU) – A holistic Women’s Enrichment Ministry which nurtures the spiritual growth of women and equips them to reach their world for Jesus Christ through…spiritual enrichment , missions and ministry opportunities, special events, prayer, and equipping ministries.
• Baptist Men on Mission (NAMB) – Baptist Men on Mission is the adult missions education organization for men 18 and up. BMOM groups commit to ministry to men and through men. Leadership resources are downloaded from BMen.net
• New Work PROBE/Peoples Search Community Needs Assessment (SBOM/church planting) – Discovering ministry possibilities in your church and community. A two-day effort where volunteers visit local organizations that provide services to needy people and discover unmet needs in which the church can get involved.